Roasted Root Vegetable Soup is Delicious (& Easy to Make!)
Fall is happening – even here in Florida where I live, so I’m getting more and more into Fall foods and whipping up some delicious roasted vegetables. I know we all love roasting root vegetables – it’s just so cozy, right? As the weather starts getting cooler, I also love making light veggie soups like this Roasted Root Vegetable Soup – it makes for a really nice variation.
Root vegetables are very warming and grounding. When you feel tired or fuzzy in your thinking, you need grounding foods such as yams, sweet potatoes, parsnips, turnips, carrots, beets, etc. Any foods that comes from the ground will help to ground and balance you.
Making this yummy soup couldn’t be easier. You start with a big blend of root veggies. My favorites for this soup are potatoes, parsnips, carrots, onions and garlic, mixed with pumpkin. You could really use whatever root vegetables you like, though.
After roasting the veggies, the actual soup creation is super easy. All you do is dump everything right into a blender and whirl away! No need to stand and watch over the stove for this one… I love it because it’s easy, fast, delicious, and super nutritious.
This soup even makes for a great side dish for your Thanksgiving holiday meal!
ROASTED ROOT VEGETABLE SOUP
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 small pie pumpkin, peeled and chopped into large cubes
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and chopped into cubes
- 1 parsnip, peeled and chopped into cubes
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into long rounds
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and cut into 4 cubes
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 quart (4 cups) vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon chives (fresh or dried)
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley (fresh or dried)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp fresh minced rosemary
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (or to taste)
- dash of ground black pepper
1. While peeling and chopping pumpkin and root vegetables, pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Place all cubed vegetables (pumpkin, potatoes, parsnip, carrots, onion, garlic) on a baking sheet, drizzle with coconut oil and sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper. Bake vegetables for 30-35 minutes or until tender.
3. When all veggies have finished roasting, remove from oven and very carefully transfer to a high-speed blender in two batches. Add the vegetable broth, chives, parsley, cayenne pepper, and rosemary. Blend veggies with enough vegetable broth until you reach a smooth, velvety consistency.
4. Once processed, transfer to a soup pot on low heat. Stir and season with more sea salt to taste. Stir in more broth, if needed, until desired consistency is reached.
5. Serve and enjoy!
Did you enjoy this Roasted Root Vegetable Soup recipe? If so, please let me know in the comments below and share the love by posting on Facebook and retweeting. Thanks!